Ignite work in partnership with national consultant Chris Trevor to offer termly subject leader sessions.
These meetings will take place in the afternoons 1pm – 4 p.m on:
- Monday 29th November 2021
- Tuesday 15th February 2022
- Wednesday 8th June 2022
N.B. It will be decided whether these meetings will be face to face or online via Zoom nearer the time of each meeting, considering the latest Co-vid guidance! Please have examples of good practice to share with colleagues, whether we are meeting in person or on zoom!
History can develop our children’s knowledge, concepts and understanding of the past and today, in preparations for their lives as 21st citizens of the future with a more tolerant, understanding of diversity. Nelson Mandela said “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- Each meeting will contain a combination of updates on the latest resources and news, steps to support the continuing development of being an effective History subject leader, with strategies to implement latest initiatives or requirements.
- There will be a strong focus on the development and progress of History knowledge and skills. Bespoke elements, requested by the subject leaders at the previous term’s meeting will be explored.
- Every meeting will contain elements of sharing good practice when subject leaders talk informally to the group and share the initiatives they’ve implemented at their school, discussing the impact.