Ignite work in partnership with national consultant Chris Trevor to offer termly subject leader sessions.
These sessions will take place in the afternoons 1pm – 4 p.m. on:
- Wednesday 1st December 2021
- Tuesday 1st March 2022
- Wednesday 18th May 2022
This booking is for all 3 sessions – please add all dates to diaries!
N.B. It will be decided whether these meetings will be face to face or online via Zoom nearer the time of each meeting, considering the latest Co-vid guidance! Please have examples of good practice to share with colleagues, whether we are meeting in person or on zoom!
- Each meeting will cover latest resources, updates and news to support the continuing development of being an effective Geography subject leader.
- Strategies to implement latest initiatives or requirements will be shared, plus bespoke elements, requested by the subject leaders at the previous term’s meeting.
- Every meeting will contain elements of sharing good practice, whereby subject leaders talk informally to the group and share initiatives they’ve implemented at school, discussing the impact of these.
- Geography takes a major role in developing our children’s understanding of how the world works and how humans can damage the environment. As future citizens, we will explore how all can do their bit for the local community by understanding and promoting environmental sustainability in their own homes and school. Quality Geography teaching supports this process so children can play a major role in their own communities and understand of wider global issues.