Inference Training – Reading really is rocket science!
Two half day virtual sessions via zoom
• Session 1: Exploring theory and barriers to reading comprehension – 17th November 2021 9:00 – 12:00
• Session 2: Inference Training lesson structure – 1st December 9:00 – 12:00
Inference Training is a KS2 and KS3 reading intervention. This two X half-day professional learning course will enable teachers and teaching assistants to implement a high-quality, structured and evidence based reading comprehension intervention. Participants will deepen pedagogical understanding on reading theory, barriers that obstruct meaning making which can impact reading for pleasure.
• Strengthen subject knowledge around complex barriers to reading for meaning
• Increase sensitivity towards pupils who are struggling and influence higher-quality teaching interactions
• Use assessment to inform teaching and learning
• Raise attainment for all pupils and accelerate learning of identified pupils
• Raise attainment through planning, assessment and target settin
English subject leaders, Reading Leaders, KS2 Class Teachers, KS3 teachers, Teaching Assistants