SOCIAL MEDIA FOR SCHOOLS
If as a school you’re not looking after your social media – your parents are!
With Social Media an important aspect of so many parents’ lives, its never been more important for schools to embrace this and model how to use it. Your parents are already using it so why not fish where the fish are and tap into the world of social media. This will take parental engagement to the next level using free, easy to use and well established tools.
Course leader Deputy Mitchell embraced social media within his school (Heathfield Primary School) back in 2009 and ‘opened up’ the walls of classrooms. This gave the school community a global audience for learning which had huge impact in pupil outcomes.
Come and spend the day with Deputy Mitchell and leave with:
- A whole school policy on the safe use of Social Media
- A platform to showcase learning in your school through twitter
- A school twitter account set up and ready to go
- Class Twitter accounts set up and ready for staff to use (optional)
- A teachers guide on how to use social media safely to showcase learning
- The knowledge of how other social media platforms can be used safely to engage parents
- Connections with other school users of social media from across the UK and beyond
Can you afford to miss it?