History Subject Leaders (2 sessions)
This course is in 2 parts with a follow up session on 24th May 2018 – it is essential that you attend both dates. Please note that the price covers both sessions
Course Leader: Chris Trevor, Primary Education Consultant.
Audience: Established subject leaders of History. This course is ideal for subject leaders who attended the sessions in 2016-17.
We will cover the following, over the two part course:
- Actions you have taken against your audit completed at the course last year. You will be given time to update your audit of the teaching and learning in the subject.
- Sharing good practice of how you have become a more effective leader and manager of History and how you have added to your evidence base.
- Sharing good practice of practical strategies which you as subject leader have used to effectively promote the subject and make the teaching of History outstanding and engaging with an enquiry approach.
- New ideas and suggestions to enhance planning/delivery of the statutory requirements of the History in the National Curriculum.
- Sharing of suggestions of how children in your school have explored local history and ideas for learning outside the classroom.
- An opportunity to conduct a work scrutiny in the second meeting, assessing knowledge and skills.
- Sharing good practice of ideas on developing Spoken English, Extended writing across the curriculum and cross-curricular Maths linked to History.
- Please bring along your subject leader file (if you have one) or relevant tracking or policy/ curriculum coverage documents to both parts of the course.
- You will leave with lots of ideas, resources and materials to support your colleagues and drive your subject forward.
- You will be told what to bring for the 2nd part of the course on day 1.