Establishing effective Primary Languages Teaching and Learning
Suitable for NQTs, RQTs, HLTAs and anyone starting out teaching Primary Languages.
Ignite in partnership with experienced trainers from Primary Languages Network.
Attendees will reflect on their own experiences so far of teaching Primary Languages and the day can be tailored according to the needs of the attendees.
Topics to include:
- Teaching languages – guidance on organisation, planning and assessment.
- What does outstanding language teaching practice look and feel like? Language teaching strategies to build confidence in the classroom.
- Incorporating the 12 DfE Attainment Targets into your lessons and ensuring pupil progression.
- Creative language learning and motivating language learners, no matter what your own level of language may be.
- How does a Modern Foreign Language fit into our week? Explore cross curricular approaches to teaching Primary Languages.
The venue will be confirmed shortly and it will be in the vicinity of Ignite schools.