Children’s emotional well being and mental health with Dr Anne-Marie Wright – 6 sessions
Join Dr Anne-Marie Wright (Safebase) for 6 sessions across the 2018-19 academic year. This series of courses is ideal for Learning Mentors / Pastoral Support / Mental Health Champions based in schools
Each session will be 1.5 Hrs and will cover 45 mins of theoretical input and 45 mins for discussion of participants’ case work. Participants will receive a CPD certificate at the end of the course.
Please note that your booking covers all 6 sessions and that will be required to provide the name and direct email address of the delegates attending when you make a booking so that information and reminders can be sent out before each session.
Please ensure you add all dates to your diaries and calendars
Session 1 – Thursday 4th October 2:00 – 3:30pm: Infancy and early development – the maternal function
Session 2 – Thursday 15th November 2:00 – 3:30pm: Early development – what can go wrong
Session 3 – Thursday 24th January 2:00 – 3:30pm: Early Childhood and emotional development
Session 4 – Thursday 21st March 2:00 – 3:30pm: Attachment Theory
Session 5 – Thursday 2nd May 2:00 – 3:30pm: Attachment Theory and the Classroom
Session 6 – Thursday 27th June 2:00 – 3:30pm: The impact of childhood trauma on learning and development
- To consider the impact of trauma and adversity in childhood on the emotional well-being and mental health of children and young people.
- To consider more therapeutic responses to challenging behaviour when it is linked to insecure attachment, separation anxiety and/or traumatic stress
- The child in the family: influences on early emotional development.
- The impact of trauma neglect and adversity on brain development, thinking, behaving and learning.
- Attachment theory and how attachment styles influence children’s relationships, behaviour and learning.
- Challenging behaviour as communication of distress.
- Strategies for working with challenge and distress.