An introduction to Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development, with a focus on British Values
Audience: leadership teams, subject leaders, co-ordinators, teachers.
Outcomes of the course: You will leave with:
- A broader understanding of SMSC development and the role of British values.
- Ideas on the contribution of SMSC and British values to learning and school improvement.
- Resources and ideas, which will help you embed British Values across the school curriculum from EYFS to Year 6, through all the curriculum subject areas.
- Clear expectations of OFSTED requirements
- Spend the morning hearing how to develop or enhance Spiritual, Moral , Social and Cultural development with practical ideas throughout.
- Opportunities to share and discuss good practice – hear how others have embedded SMSC and British Values in their own schools – case studies.
Please bring any examples of work you have done in school to share.
- Explore a range of activities and opportunities for teaching and learning about British values.
- Discussion on how to create an evidence base to show the development of SMSC within the school.
- Delegates will have time to reflect upon the main content, conduct further reading, work independently or collaboratively on ideas and design bespoke materials for their school.
- Time to plan for improvements in your own school