The Power of Formative Assessment with Shirley Clarke
An inspiring one day course for leaders & teachers.
The internationally renowned Shirley Clarke will be leading a day on how to unlock the power of formative assessment in the classroom. Shirley will explore best practice from her international studies and help delegates rediscover the impact of effective practice.
The day will include:
– Formative Assessment – practice and culture
– Current research findings incorporated
– Cognitive Load Theory explained with implications for teaching
– Superb, in-class video clips illustrating concepts throughout
– Discussion and reflection opportunities
The Formative Assessment Jigsaw:
– A learning culture (self-efficacy, metacognition and the implications of cognitive science)
– Children as learning resources for one another (talk partners and peer learning)
– Learning intentions and success criteria
– Prior knowledge and the constant quest to uncover student understanding
– Feedback which is acted upon (in-lesson verbal having more impact than post-lesson marking)
Please note that when you make a booking you will be required to provide the name and direct email address of the delegate attending. Please ensure that this information is accurate as pre and post training information may be sent to them.