TEAM TEACH is delivered over One Day
The aim of the Team Teach course is to reduce risks and the need for physical intervention. It does this by supporting staff to be more confident and competent to manage situations better. Positive and caring relationships are the key element. It is an accredited comprehensive course for staff working with challenging children in any role. The physical techniques taught are a minimal part of the course and range with consideration for age and size and only age appropriate techniques are taught.
The strength of the course is in discussion and challenging expectations.
The basic Team Teach course is 6 hours and covers:
- Understanding why children are aggressive
- What the current Law and the Guidance says and about staff staying safe
- De-escalation techniques and personal awareness
- Physical techniques in escorts, guides and restraints.
- Recording, reporting and policies.