Safer recruitment in education
Update your Safer Recruitment training and book early for this essential course delivered for Ignite by the Lucy Faithfull Foundation
Schools and education settings share with others a duty to safeguard children in their care. Implementing safer recruitment practices is one way of discharging this safeguarding obligation. This one day course gives staff recruiters the information and understanding they need to recruit safely and comply with relevant statutory guidance. It is suitable for all in the education sector who are involved in staff selection.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Begun to review their own organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer.
Course content includes:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance.
Please note that when a booking is made, you’ll be required to provide the name and direct email address of the delegate attending. This is so that important pre and post course information can be sent directly to them.