Philosophy for Children (P4C) with Jane Yates (Level 2b) 2 day course
An ideal training opportunity for primary and secondary teachers
Ignite TSA are proud to work in partnership with Jane Yates (SAPERE trainer) to offer Philosophy for Children (P4C) training. Places are limited to 15 so book quickly to avoid disappointment! This course will enable teachers to better use philosophical enquiry to help educate for global citizenship in a pluralist society in different curriculum areas. It is ideal, advanced CPD for delegates who have completed their Level 1 and Level 2a training
This course is over 2 days and will take place at St Bernard’s RC Primary School, Ellesmere Port. This booking is for both training days so please ensure that both dates are added to your calendars / diaries
Level 2b – Wednesday 22nd & Thursday 23rd May 2019
Please register at St Bernard’s no later than 9:15am for a 9:30am start.
Course overview and outcomes:
Get ready to lead P4C in your school:
- Use P4C to support the school’s ethos and standards
- Drive progress of P4C through analysis
- Use P4C to enhance relationships between children and colleagues
This two-day course:
- Explains how P4C can impact the school’s standards and values
- Shows how to plan for progress in P4C across a key stage or curriculum area
- Extends reflective techniques to identify improvements in P4C practice
- Explores social, political and ethical dimensions of P4C
- Demonstrates practical initiatives to encourage 4C thinking across the school
The course is designed for teachers who want to develop a leadership role in P4C. Participants must have completed the Level 2A course. Completion of the Level 2B course and course report will qualify you for a P4C Leader certificate.
Please also note that when you book your tickets, you will be asked to provide the direct name and email address of the delegate attending. It is essential that this information is accurate as training information may be sent to them prior to the session taking place.