IMPROVING TEACHER PROGRAMME
Designed by OLEVI and facilitated by experienced school leaders and teachers in the Ignite Teaching School Alliance, the highly effective and motivating Improving Teacher Programme gives teachers, who want to improve their practice, a set of skills and strategies to reach the next teaching level.
Our team at Ignite are waiting to welcome you on your journey ………
Who is it for?
This programme is for schools and teachers, who want to advance,
develop and improve their teaching practice and deliver consistently good lessons.
What will it achieve?
Having completed the course participants will:
- Understand the key concepts underpinning good practice in the classroom
- Be aware of the impacts of these concepts on good teaching and learning
- Know how to deliver these concepts through consistent practice
- Provide pupils with the best possible learning experience
- Improve standards in their school
- Increase their job satisfaction
- Work more effectively as an active member of the school teamWhat does it involve?Each programme comprises One full day followed by 4 half days, over five weeks.
- Thursday 21st April Full Day at Woodlands Primary School Ellesmere Port
- Wednesday 27 April Half Day Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Wednesday 5 May Half Day Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Wednesday 11 May Half Day Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Thursday 19 May Half Day Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Programme content includes discussion and tasks linked to:
- Professional skills audit
- Plenary sessions
- Challenging learning
- Planning lesson
- Questioning techniques
- Starter activities
- Engaging in learning
- DifferentiationWhat teachers say about the course…“Most enlightening course for developing my teaching I have been on.”“I enjoyed the course and meeting other teachers. It is good to know other colleagues face the same challenges as we do. Very helpful in giving me new strategies to work with my pupils.”