Children’s emotional well being and mental health with Dr Anne-Marie Wright – 6 sessions (2019)
Join Dr Anne-Marie Wright (Safebase) for 6 sessions across the 2019-20 academic year. This series of courses is ideal for Learning Mentors / Pastoral Support / Mental Health Champions based in schools
Each session will be 1.5 Hrs and will cover 45 mins of theoretical input and 45 mins for discussion of participants’ case work. Participants will receive a CPD certificate at the end of the course.
Please note that your booking covers all 6 sessions and that will be required to provide the name and direct email address of the delegates attending when you make a booking so that information and reminders can be sent out before each session.
Please ensure you add all dates to your diaries and calendars
Session 1 – Thursday 12th September 2:00 – 3:30pm: Infancy and early development – the maternal function
Session 2 – Thursday 26th September 2:00 – 3:30pm: Early development – what can go wrong
Session 3 – Thursday 10th October 2:00 – 3:30pm: Early Childhood and emotional development
Session 4 – Thursday 24th October 2:00 – 3:30pm: Attachment Theory
Session 5 – Thursday 14th November 2:00 – 3:30pm: Attachment Theory and the Classroom
Session 6 – Thursday 28th November 2:00 – 3:30pm: The impact of childhood trauma on learning and development
- To consider the impact of trauma and adversity in childhood on the emotional well-being and mental health of children and young people.
- To consider more therapeutic responses to challenging behaviour when it is linked to insecure attachment, separation anxiety and/or traumatic stress
- The child in the family: influences on early emotional development.
- The impact of trauma neglect and adversity on brain development, thinking, behaving and learning.
- Attachment theory and how attachment styles influence children’s relationships, behaviour and learning.
- Challenging behaviour as communication of distress.
- Strategies for working with challenge and distress.
Please note that when a booking is made, you will be asked to provide the name and direct email address of the delegate attending so that important pre and post information can be sent to them.